Friday, March 9, 2012

52 Tags - Vacation

Pin It


Happy Friday everyone!  I hope everyone is looking forward to the weekend!  March Break starts here this weekend, and the kids are looking forward to a week off.  Unfortunately my daughter has an ear infection and started on antibiotics last night.  Hopefully she'll be feeling better soon, so we can do some fun things later in the week.

I am back today with my DT submission for 52 Weeks of Tags.  Janis challenged us to create a tag about our last or next vacation.  Our family's favorite vacation spot is White Point Beach.  It is right on the Atlantic Ocean, is famous for it's bunnies, and is the most peaceful place in the world I know.  Here is what I came up with:


My tag was cut from Plantin School Book at 4 inches.  The bunny is from Easter 2010.  The sun is punched with a circle punch and inked with my SU ink spots to make it look like a sun set.  The brown paper, which looks like sand is from Creative Memories, and all the blue paper in the ocean is from my scrap box.  I doodled with my Sakura Jelly Roll pen, and the stamps is from Whimsical Design's Whimsical Fun Vol 1.






Doesn't it look like an amazing spot?  Sadly, they had a fire which destroyed the Main Lodge (the building in the background of the first picture) just after our last trip there for Thanksgiving last year.  They are rebuilding, but we will miss our annual trip this year.  When the kids saw the tag, they knew instantly that it was White Point, and were sad, but happy to think of all the good times we have had there, and the good times we will continue to have there starting again next year.

I hope you all go over to Pause Dream Enjoy, and play along with us, remembering you last, next or favorite vacation destination :)  Don't forget that there is some blog candy to be won by anyone who plays along in march!

A Challenge or two for my little tag:
More Than Favors - vacation
Paper Minutes - blue, white and black
For Your Inspiration - photo inspiration
Crafting When We Can - animals

A la prochaine...

 


No comments:

Post a Comment