Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Easter Stitches with Peachy Keen

Hi everyone, I'm back with a second post for today, can you believe it?  A couple of weeks ago, I spent a day taking classes at my LSS The Cutting Garden.  The classes were coloring classes - one with chalks and one with color pencils.  I had a great time.  Later that week, I got some happy mail from Peachy Keen.  A few weeks ago, I won Top Peach.  My prize was Spring Bouquet.  As soon as I opened it, I knew I had to color it.  Peachy Keen's challenge this week is to use faux stitching.  Any of you who visit my blog regularly, will know that I use faux stitching ALOT.  I decided that this week, I would use my new Peachy Keen stamp, to enter the peachy Keen challenge.  Here is what I came up with:


So, I colored this with my PrismaColor Pencils, and used Gamsol to blend it.  I sparkled her up with a few Stickles, just to add a little bit of bling.  I am pretty happy with how this turned out - I need some experience, but it is pretty :)  The sentiment is part of the Spring Bouquet set, it is a gorgeous set of stamps.  Thank you Peachy Keen!

I followed this weeks sketch from Splitcoast Stampers - SCS 378.  The pic is pretty small, but you can find it HERE.   I stuck pretty closely to it.  I decided to use a button instead of the oval piece.



Thanks for visiting again today!  I have a couple more projects that I am working on this week!  I am having so much fun back in my craft room - it is great to have my mojo back!!!

A challenge or two for my Easter card:
Peachy Keen - stitching
Splitcoast Stamper - sketch
Getting Cricky - easter blessings
Paper and Such - easter
Lexi's Creations - easter
2 Sisters - spring is in the air
My Sheri Crafts - easter
Sentimental Sundays - easter or spring
Craft Us Crazy - easter

A la prochaine..

.

No comments:

Post a Comment