Thursday, May 31, 2012

A Birthday Card for my Mama

Happy Thursday!  Today is my Mum's birthday.  She is crafty too, so I bought her a crafty gift, and made her set of mongram cards which I will show you next week, and I made her a card.  Here is what I came up with:


Isn't it pretty?  2 weeks ago - my fellow Cricut Cardz Design Team member Nicole, made THIS beautiful card.  I thought it was gorgeous, so I decided to make my own take on it.  I cut the top layer at 4 x 5.25 on my Gypsy girl.  I welded a 1.8 inch circle to the center of it.  I then cut out 2 more circles for the other two flowers to sit on.  The tulips are cut from Give a Hoot.  The sentiment is from TPC Studios Greeting set.  The ribbon is from Michaels and the paper is a mish mash of Stampin Up, Recollections and stuff from my scrap box.


You can see here how I pop-dotted each if the layers up.  I like the dimension it gives the "white on white" look of the card.  I hope Mum likes it :)

A challenge or two for my card:
Bitten by the Bug - in the garden
Fab'n'Funky - celebrations
Celebrate the Occasion - anything goes
Party Time Tuesdays - anything goes
Shopping Our Stash - floral
Robyn's Fetish - birthday card with sentiment
Sentimental Sundays - pocket full of posies
Cooking With Cricut - may flowers

A la prochaine...

 

No comments:

Post a Comment