Monday, August 16, 2010

Cartridges everywhere - and some challenges...

I am in love with some of the latest releases from ProvoCraft. Rock Princess!! Winter Frolic!! Mini Monsters!! Happy Haunting!!! It is just too much for me. So I have decided, that instead of coveting the new cartridges, it is high time for me to use the cartridges that I have, some of which I have never cut anything from - eek!! Don't tell my husband - Paisley is a cartridge I got for my birthday in April, and have never ever used. That ends today!! Here is my card.






I made an easel card, which I had never made before, and always thought must be really hard. Was I wrong. It is easy. I followed the directions on Splitcoast Stamper. I think I will be making more of these. It was fun! I cut the owl at 3 inches from Paisley, and the flower that is holding up the easel part of the card is the "button" feature for the owl on the Paisley cartridge, cut at 1 inch. The sentiment is from Stampin Up, as is the border punch I used to cut the scallop on the base of the card. The paper is mostly from my scrap bins. I am so excited at how cute he is!

The challenges I am submitting this card to are:

Cricut Cardz Challenge - color challenge, black, blue, orange, yellow and white ONLY.
Crafty Creations - winged things
Charisma Cardz Challenges - easel card
CPS - sketch #180
Corrosive Challenges - faux technique - I used faux stitching
Pear Tree Designs - best wishes sentiment
One Stitch at a Time - use a punch - I used a scallop border punch

I think that is the most challenges I have ever submitted one card for. I had originally planned just to make this card for the color challenge at Cricut Cardz, but while challenge hopping I found so many more, and the card evolved from there. This is so fun!

Hopefully I'll be back tomorrow with something new. No idea what, but I'll think of something :)

A la prochaine...

No comments:

Post a Comment