Monday, August 23, 2010

The Ocean

I'm back!! it's hard to believe it's been almost a week since I last posted. Work was nuts and I just didn't have the energy, and yesterday we took the kids to the beach. Living on the east coast of Canada means there is a very shortr season in which we can go in the Atlantic. Yesterday was stunning, the water was gorgeous, the waves crashing and the beach reasonably quiet, a perfect summer afternoon. The ocean even inspired this card:







This is a Triangle fold card. I followed a great tutorial by Janis of Pause, Dream, Enjoy. You can find the tutorial HERE. I used Create a Critter to cut out the sea creatures. The stamp is from "Lots of Pun" by Joy's Life. I won it a few weeks ago from the amazing Ruthie. The paper is from an old stack I got at Michael's years ago, and have never used... the card stock is mostly Stampin Up, as is the ink I used.

Here are the challenges i am submitting this card for:
Cricut Cardz Challenge - anything goes
Paper Pretties - summer theme
ABC challenge - B is for BLUE
The Treehouse Thursday Challenge - under the sea
My Sheri Crafts - miss you
Secret Crafter - blue and cream

Last but not least, I wanted to share a pic of my daughter as she ran out of the water yesterday. I love the light in this picture, and would love to be able to say I did it on purpose, but it was just a happy accident :)



I will be back tomorrow, with a new card - I don't go back to work till Friday, that should leave lots of time for crafting - at least I hope it will :)

A la prochaine...

No comments:

Post a Comment