Sunday, July 1, 2012

Canada Day Blog Hop!

Happy Canada Day everyone!  Welcome to our blog hop :)  If you are here from Kerry's blog, then you are in the right place.  If you just happened upon my blog, then I encourage you to start at the beginning at Tara's blog, and see what we Crafty Canadian Girls created just for you  Thanks so much to Tara and Heather for putting this together, and for including me again this year, I am so excited to show you what I made!

Any of you who visit my blog regularly, will know that I am, at heart, a Cricut lover.  So, I pulled out my trusty Gypsy Girl, and used the Go Canada cartridge and used some stamps from Pink by Design's Canada stamp set, and created this adorable Mini Album.  Here it is:


The maple tree on the cover is from two cartridges.  The tree is from Go Canada, and the leaves are cut in three different sizes from Create a Critter.


Isn't that beaver adorable?  He is from Go Canada.


The little Canada flag in a heart on the beaver's belly is from Pink by Designs Canada stamp set, and is stamped with SU's real red.


All the patterned paper is from my scrapbox.  Over the years, I have collected Canada paper.  It is pretty tricky to find, so I buy it when I see it.  I used all these paper in other Canada Day projects over the years
.


I bound the book with my Bind it All.  I LOVE that machine!  It's perfect for making mini albums!  The little tags that I used in the book, are from SU's tag punches.


The last page, I welded the word Canada to the side.  The font is from Go Canada - It is a fun font :)  Don't you just love it??  I am so excited how my project turned out!

What is a blog hop without blog candy??  We have some wonderful companies sponsoring some wonderful prizes:


*Your Next Stamp ~ Jenny from Canada rubber stamp
*Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps ~ choice of rubber stamp
*Bugaboo Stamps - $30 Gift Card
*Redonkulous Designs ~ choice of one digi image
*Scrappy Moms Stamps ~ Canada set


All you need to do is hop along with us leave all the participants some lovely comments and pick up one "clue word" from each blog along the way. Once you have all the words then you will have a special question to answer. Leave your answer in the comments on Heather's blog and ta da you are entered to win one of our great prizes! Best of all you will have a blast looking at all the fun Canadian crafts along the way!

**  My clue word for the surprise question is IT **

The next stop on the hop is Tracey, I know she has created something amazing for you!!

Here is our list of participants, just in case you get lost along the way:

Tara - Homemade Happiness
Mary - Mary's Happy Place
Kim - Just Wordz
Nicole - Canadian Nickle Scraps
Kerry - Momma K Crafts
Michelle - Purple Monkey Moments
Tracey - The Cropping Canuck
Kate - Small Bits of Paper
Shari - Shari's Pink Palace
Avril - Totally Scrap Addicted
Heather - Princess Paper Project

Thanks for visiting today!  Come on back tomorrow - I will have some more patriotic projects for you!!  Happy Canada Day - have a great day!


A la prochaine...

No comments:

Post a Comment