Thursday, July 26, 2012

Cardz TV Challenge - Anything Goes

Happy Friday everyone!  This is my second post today - if you are looking for my PDE Challenge post, then click HERE.  This is my first post as a member of the Cardz TV Stamps Design Team.  I am so thrilled to be a part of this team!  Mary's stamps are just amazing, and the team members are so creative!!  Today Mary challenged us to make ANYTHING we wanted with her gorgeous stamps!  Here is what I came up with - just a warning, this is a REALLY picture heavy post:


A few months ago, I took a class at my LSS The Cutting Garden, we learned how to make a 6x6 mini album that they called the Flip and Fold Album.  I decided for my first Cardz TV DT post, I would make a mini of the people who light up my life, my hubby and kiddos.  I think I may keep it in my locker at work, when I'm having a rough day, I can remind myself what it's all for.  This is the cover page.  The stamp is from It's All About You


Here is the first page and the back page.  Gosh my babies were so little!  The stamp is again from It's All About You - I used this set for all of the sentiments in the album.  This particular stamp says "you're the best!".


Here is the first page laid out fully.  The cardstock I used here is all from Bazzil.


Here is a close up of the last part of this page.  The patterned paper is from Basic Grey.  Isn't it stunning??


Once you flip open the middle page to the left, this is what the layout looks like.  The close up of the first part of this page is just below.



Now you flip the middle page out to the right, and here is what the layout looks like now.  Isn't this a fun little album??


Here is a close up of the middle page again - me and my hubby.  The sentiment is from It's All About You.  I just love that set :)


When you open the flaps on the left hand side, this is the layout.  I forgot to take a close up of the centre page, but the sentiment says "you make me giggle" and the kids are making crazy faces :)


When you open the flaps on the right side of the page, this is what the layout looks like.  I just love that picture of my girl on the far right of this page...  The little gems that I used were all bought at the Dollar Store.


Here is a close-up of the centre of the page - they do make my world go round - even on the bad days :)


Here is the view of my album from the top.  It is made with 6 sheets of cardstock and 1 sheet each of  2 different pieces of patterned paper.  The original directions I got used more paper, and were kind of a mess, I was able to streamline them a bit.  One of these days, I will have to type them up.

I hope you all pop over to CardzTV, see what the amazing DT came up with, and play along with us.  The challenge will be open until next Thursday!

A challenge or two for my mini album:
Crafts and Me Challenge - anything goes
Simon Says Stamps - anything goes
Word Art Wednesday - use encouraging or uplifting sentiments
Shopping Our Stash - use something new - cardz tv stamps
Crafty Blogger Network - anything goes

A la prochaine...

No comments:

Post a Comment