Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Flowers for Gloomy Day

I am on a ROLL! 3 days in a row, I am in my craft room, and 3 days in a row I post those cards to my blog! I am being such a good blogger :) Today I decided to make a card for Peachy Keen Challenge. I just love their adorable stamps, and I want to try to participate in this challenge at least every 2 weeks. It is one of my favorites! Today they challenged us to make a pocket! Huh? A pocket? I have spent the past few days contemplating how I would do this. I finally decided to make a flower pot card. I think they are so pretty, and I have never made one before. Here is what I came up with:





Isn't that ADORABLE! I was SO pleased how this turned out. I followed THIS tutorial on Splitcoast Stampers. It was really easy! I used my Cricut to cut out the flowers. They were from the Sweet Treats and and Paisley cartridges. I used my Princess Faces and Wide Eyed Kids from Peachy keen to stamp their adorable faces. I then used my Sakura Jelly Roll pen to doodle up their little faces. I inked the edges of the flower part and also each of the flowers. I haven't quite decided what I am using this card for yet, I am thinking maybe a Mother's Day card? So i haven't stamped a sentiment on it yet.

A challenge or two:
Peachy Keen - pocket
Jelly Park Challenges - something in my pocket
My Time to Craft - favorite embellishment (ribbon)
Lexi Creation's - fancy folds(flower pot)
Make my Monday - flowers and leaves
Addicted to Stamps - summer in winter
My Sherri Crafts - new things (first time making a flower pot card)
Alphabet Challenge Blog - Y for your choice
Crafty Ann's Challenge - what's new pussy cat? new technique (flower pot)
Hotshot Craft - flowers
Stamping With the Dragon - anything goes
4 Crafty Chicks - summer in January
Creative Inspirations - anything goes
Cricut Cardz Challenge - it's june in january
My Mum's Craft Shop - flowers

A la prochaine...

No comments:

Post a Comment