Thursday, January 19, 2012

What's For Dinner??

Happy Thursday! I am excited to show you one of my FAVORITE projects ever :) I don't know about you, but "MUUUUMMM!! What's for dinner?" is one of the most common questions at our house. I saw an idea like this on Pinterest and knew I had to make one for my family. I found a 12.5 x 12.5 simple frame at Michaels, and decided it was perfect. Here is what I came up with:



I used Gypsy font, and welded and flipped it on my Gypsy. I laid it all out and cut it out in black vinyl. I cut it out as a mirror image of itself. The vinyl is adhered to the inside of the glass. That way, when I write on it with my dry erase marker, it is easy to wipe off - cause there is nothing at all on the fromt of the glass. Also, I can change out the 12x12 scrapbook paper inside the frame seasonally, or if I repaint my kitchen... all I have to do is pop off the back of the frame and replace the 12x12 paper. The vinyl words are on the inside of the glass. Neat, huh?

I have always used a weekly menu to cut down on grocery costs, and keep my life organized, given the challenges of shift work and a family schedule. This menu board keeps my husband and I organizes, while letting the kids know, at a glance, what's for dinner. Thanks for stopping by today :)

A challenge or two -
Hooked on Crafts - try something new - it was my first time cutting vinyl!
Lexi's Creations - anything goes
Make it Mondays - anything goes
The Crafter's Cafe - anything but a card
Truly Madly Crafty - anything goes
UnstampaBelles - anything goes with no stamp
Little Claire's Designs - anything goes
Secret Crafter Challenge - anything goes with blue
Crafty Purple Frog - anything goes

A la prochaine...

No comments:

Post a Comment