Saturday, February 25, 2012

Happy First Birthday

Happy Saturday everyone!  During the next week, my family is involved in 3 birthdays.  2 of our nieces have birthdays, one turns one and the other 15, and next weekend my daughter is going to a girlfriend's birthday.  I have lots of birthday cards to make :)  Here is one I made for my niece who is turning 1.


Isn't she cute?  This little card is a 4x4, the green layer is 3 3/4x3 3/4 and the top layer 3 1/2x3 1/2.  the paper is from my scrap box.  I cut the little girl out of Baby Steps, her face is from Peachy Keen's Wide Eyed Kids.  I doodled on her with my Sakura Jelly Roll pen and my Stampin Up markers.  I po dotted her off the card for a little dimension, and tried some Glossy Accents on the eyes, mouth and white part of the balloon.  I may have gone overboard on the eyes...  I'm not sure I love the look of the glossy accent on this, we'll see if I use it again.  Last but not least, I used a stamp from Whimsical Designs Everyday Sentiments.



My niece is probably too young to like the card, but I hope my sister in law thinks it's cute :)

A few challenges for my little card:
Paper Sundaes - birthday
Robyn's Fetish - pretty in pink
Paper Crafting Journey - make it cute
Cooking With Cricut - birthday with cake, cupcake or balloons (hope 1 balloon counts)
Crafting When We Can - big birthdays - I think the first b-day is pretty important :)


A la prochaine...

 

No comments:

Post a Comment