Thursday, February 2, 2012

Big Girl Birthday Card

Today is my baby girl 6th birthday, so you would think this card was for her - but it's not, that is one of today's projects... One of the girls at work heard me talking about the Hello Kitty birthday party. She has a niece who turned 9 yesterday, who is obsessed with Hello Kitty. She asked if I could make a couple extra party favors and a card. Here is the card I made:



Cute, isn't it? The image is cut from HKG, the stamp from Scrappy Mom stamps, and the cardstock is all from my scrap box. The patterned paper is from an old CTMH pack, I hope I can still get it, cause I love it and it is almost gone. I used my Seeing Spots Cuttlebug folder to emboss the background and the ribbon is from Michaels. I inked the edges of all the paper, which is not something I do very often, but I like the results.

I hope Mairin liked the card and the few little goodies I made for her. And I hope she had a wonderful birthday yesterday!

A few challenges -
My Time to Craft - a is for adorable
Phindy's Place - birthday card for a child
Stampin for the Weekend - embossing
Stampin with the Dragon - anything goes
Crazy 4 Challenges - layer it on
Secret Crafter - ribbon
Mark,s Finest Papers - a card with 4 or more layers
Polly Craft - favorite things (Hello Kitty)
Paper Pretties - use ribbon or twine
Simon Says - animal antics
Sisterhood of Crafters - striped paper

A la prochaine...

No comments:

Post a Comment