Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Whimsical Wednesday with Wings

Pin It

Happy Wednesday all! I am feeling better, not great, but better - so hooray!! I am here today with my very first design team project for Whimsical Designs Whimsical Wednesday! Today's project is "Time Flies". We have to create any card or project and include something with wings, or a clock. I am not much of a "time" girl. I don't wear a watch, have very few clocks - but things with wings? Those I love! You may recall, last month, I made a little bag and tag for my son to give at a birthday party, if not the post is HERE. This time I decided to make a girl birthday bag and tag. Here is what I came up with:


The bag is cut from TBBM at 6.4 inches. This was the biggest I could lay it out on my Gypsy on a 12x12 mat. The Butterfly is from Once upon a Princess, cut at 2.5 inches. The bag itself is made out of SU paper, but the rest of the paper is from my scraps box.


Here you can see just the bag without the tag attached. You can also clearly see the beautiful stamp I used from Whimsical Designs Everyday Sentiments. Behind the butterfly, and on the tag, I used some pink twine. As you can see I did some doodling with my black Sakura Jelly Roll pen.


Here you can see the little tag I made to attach to the little bag. It is the shadow of the butterfly. The number 6 is from Birthday Bash. The little bling is from my stash - I have NO clue who made it.


The flip side of the tag. The sentiment is again from Whimsical Designs Everyday Sentiments. I hand wrote the "to" and "from". My one piece of advice? Punch the hole BEFORE writing on the tag. I foolishly didn't and ended up punching a hole right through the "to". I can be so silly :)


Please hop on over to Whimsical Designs, see what the rest of the team has created to inspire you, and play along with us! I can't wait to see what you all come up with! Thanks for visiting today!

A few challenges for my little gift bag:
My Creative Time Throwback Thursday - bugs
Delicious Doodles - pink
Ladybug Crafts Challenge - spring is in the air
Anything Challenge - ABAC
Clear it Out - birthday challenge and use up your bling
Crazy Amigo Challenge - use a tag
Scrappy Moms - "tag" your it
The Stamping Boutique - stitching
Use it Tuesdays - birthday and use your stash - paper and bling
Flutterby Wednesday's - inspiration photo

A la prochaine...

No comments:

Post a Comment