Sunday, October 3, 2010

Paper Playtime Queen

I have been asked to be a "queen" over at Paper Playtime. Isn't that exciting?? As a member of their design team, I will be participating in weekly challenges each Monday. The project can be anything - a layout, card, a tag, mini album... the options are endless. It must fit in with the week's theme. I hope you all come over and play with us :)

Today's challenge is to use ribbon, buttons or rhinestones or all 3. Here is what I came up with:



I decided to use ribbon and rhinestones. I you are a regular visitor to my blog, you will know that I made my first card with buttons only last week. I had planned to try to incorporate all 3 items into my card, but in the end couldn't find the right button for this card. Admittedly, I have an extremely small collection to choose from...

Isn't my little queen kitty cute? I chose her in honour of my first week as a Paper Queen! I cut her from my Paisley cartridge. The oval is from George and Basic Shapes, and the scalloped oval is actually a tag from Winter Wonderland. I manipulated the shape on my Gypsy to fit the original oval, and used the hide contour feature to hide the hole on the tag. The stamp I used is from Lots of Pun by Joy's Life. The paper is mostly Stampin Up, and the patterned paper is from my scraps box, and I just don't remember who it's from.

Before I sign off, I want to say how honoured I am to be a part of this design team. There are many talented women who are also Queens. Over the next day or so, I will be posting a list of them on my blog, and encourage you to go visit them and get inspired - I know they inspire me :)


A la prochaine...

No comments:

Post a Comment