Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Thanksgiving...

It is challenge day over at Cricut Cardz Challenge. Todays challenge is to do a Thanksgiving card with any cartridge you want. This weekend is Thanksgiving in Canada, so the timing was perfect. I am going to give this card to my mum and dad this weekend. We always go away together for the holidays. Here is what I came up with:







This is a step card. I knew I wanted to use both the pilgrims, and do some kind of staircase or side step card, but I wanted it to have two steps. After much searching, I found THIS tutorial. It seemed to fit the bill perfectly. I widened the side panels a bit to fit my pilgrims, but other than that, followed the directions exactly.

The cartridges I used were Paper Doll Dress Up, Create a Critter, and Opposites Attract - I welded the word "harvest" on my Gypsy. The paper involoved is mostly Stampin Up, but some is from my scraps box. The Happy Thanksgiving stamp is from Stampendous and the cute little faces are from Peachy Keen Stamps. I was pretty happy with how the card turned out.

Hope you all come play with us over at Cricut Cardz Challenges - and be sure to check out all the other Design Team members submissions.

A la prochaine...

No comments:

Post a Comment