Sunday, October 31, 2010

Paper Playtime Tag Book

It's Monday - which means it's Paper Playtime Challenge day!! This week the challenge is to use a clock, ticket or tag on your project. I decided to use tags, and make a tag album, a lttle birthday book where I could put birthdays for the month. I got the idea from the always brilliant Mary of Cardz TV. I followed her tutorial HERE Just a warning - this post is going to have a TON of pictures. Here we go:



The tags were all cut from Tags, Bags, Boxes and more.



The little tabs were from From My Kitchen. I have never used whis cartridge before (don't tell my husband). I sized them on my Gypsy so they would be just under 2" wide, and would fit on the tag.



When putting the book together, I glued down my recipe cards first, and made sure I had everything in the right order.



I then glued the printed paper on the front, and the cardstock for the next month on the back. I actually managed not to mess any of them up! I was very proud of myself.



The paper is all from Close to My Heart. I love how easy it is to get the patterned paper and cardstock to match.



The little designs on the opposite side of each page are all cut from Doodlecharms. I forget how cute the cuts on that cartridge are!



Unlike with my last attempt at cutting chipboard, this one went so much better. I eased up on the pressure, and slowed it down a bit - it cut like butter.



The "chipboard" I used was cereal boxes. Perfect weight for the cricut, and good weight for regular handling of the book.



My title page, and all the birthday dates pages were printed on the computer.



I just adhered the birthday pages with a photo split, so I can easily replace the pages when they need updating or changing - this was really only a dry run. I need to check in my mum and MIL books, so my pages can be completely accurate.



I have added a hook to the shelf in my scrapping room, and am going to hang the book from it. That way I can make the birthday cards I need to in advance.









So that's it for today. Sorry for the really long post. I wanted to be able to show each page. I just love the idea for this. My mum saw it today, and liked it so much that I am making her one for Christmas. I know, I'm crazy :)

A la prochaine...

No comments:

Post a Comment