Sunday, September 26, 2010

Falling for fall

Fall is my favorite season of the year. Here is Nova Scotia it tends to be beautiful. Sunny, cool, clear and crisp, and the leaves can just be extraordinary! We spend lots of time as a family before the snow flies - going for walks, bike riding and going away for Thanksgiving. I love the smells, and the sights. With this in mind, I made this card:



The tree and leaves are from Sweethearts, which I just bought last week, after eyeing it for a while. There is a heart on the tree trunk, but I didn't want it, so I used the hide contour feature on my Gypsy to hide it. The stamp is from Stampendous - I ADORE that quote. I had to mask a few leaves and acorns that were above and below the quote, I didn't want them there. The paper is from my scrap boxes, and the ribbon is from Michael's. I am really happy with how this turned out - almost the same way as it looked in my head :)

The challenges I am submitting this card for:

Paper Playtime - autumn
Crafting with Christina Companion Challenge - red, yellow and orange and have leaves
Creative Craft World - autumn colors
Sarah Hurley Challenges - autumn
Everybody Art - autumn
A Crafty Little Place - include brown, green and orange
Creative Card Crew - fall
Craft Your Days Away - autumn doodles
Stamp It Crazy - free for all
Stamptacular Sunday Challenge - season change

I am going to try something different this week. I am actually going to try to do automatic postings for Monday and Tuesday. I have to work 12 hour evenings those days, and won't have time to post otherwise, so we'll see how it goes. After all, I am not overly technical :)

A la prochaine...

No comments:

Post a Comment