Monday, August 27, 2012

Exploring Cricut - Back to School

Happy Monday everyone!  It is challenge day over at Exploring Cricut.  The challenge today is to make a back to school project.  This is a gift I made for my daughter's teacher.  She is starting Grade 1 next week.  Now, before I get started, let me say, this is not my original idea.  I made one of these last year, for her Primary teacher and originally got the idea from the always amazing Ruthie right HERE.  Here is what I came up with:


Isn't it awesome?  It is made with 2 boxes of 24 crayons.  I bought some on sale last year, and have been hording them since then.  The crayons are hot glued onto a ring that I created on my Gypsy girl, by inlaying a 5 inch circle with an 8 inch circle and cutting 4 rings out of cereal boxes and gluing them together - just like that a wreath ring...  All of the cuts are from the Recess cartridge, which I love.  The wording is all in french, because the kids are both in French Immersion,




I decided to make this year's name sign look like a black board.   I cut the blackboard shape out of George and Basic Shapes, and the name is cut from Making the Grade.  I bought the ribbon at Michael's and popped it on with some hot glue.

I love how it turned out, and I hope Gabrielle's teacher likes it too.

Be sure to pop over to Exploring Cricut, see what the DT came up  inspire you and play along with us.

A challenge or two for my wreath:
Fantabulous Cricut - back to school (must use school supplies)
Bitten By the Bug - back to school
Crop Stop - back to school
Lexi's Creations - back to school
My Grafico - back to school
My Sheri Crafts - back to school
Creative Inspiration Paint - back to school
Robyn's Fetish - anything but a card
Cupcake Inspirations  - back to school
All Sorts - anything but a card
Fussy and Fancy - back to school
Simply Create Too - back to school
Craft My Life - anything but a card or layout
Make It Monday - anything goes
Paper Pretties - back to school

A la prochaine...

No comments:

Post a Comment