Thursday, August 16, 2012

School Days

Happy Thursday everyone!  My kids are heading back to school in about 3 weeks, so I have been working on some teacher gifts.  I have a quick little project to share with you today:


Andrew is going into Grade 5, and this year he has a male teacher.  I have never made presents for a boy teacher before.  I decided to make a gift card holder, and get him a gift card for somewhere - haven't quite figured it all out yet...  I got the inspiration for this design from one of my favorite people - Janis, she made the cutest bus card which you can see HERE.  

I used Miss Emma's Gift Card Die to make the gift card.  The bus is cut from Doodlecharms as is the sun.  The road is from Every Day Paper Dolls, I manipulated the height of it on my Gypsy girl so it would fit on the base a little better.  The "School Days" sentiment is from Cardz TV Stamps School Days set, and the "Just for you" sentiment is from Miss Emma's More Gift Card Sentiments set.  I doodled around on the card with my Sakura Jelly Roll pens.



I am really happy with how the card turned out, and Andrew likes it too.  I hope that his teacher likes it too - I hope it's an appropriate thing for a boy teacher.  Let me know if you think it isn't :)

A challenge or two for my little gift card:
Cute Card Thursday - back to school
Penny's Paper Crafty Challenges - back to school
Use it Tuesdays - school with hoarded supplies (paper - I always hoard paper)
Eureka Stamps - back to school
Cooking with Cricut - back to school
Scrappers Delight - back to school plus yellow, blue and red
Raise the Bar  - back to school
The Pink Elephant - back to school

A la prochaine...

No comments:

Post a Comment