Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Super Mario!

Happy Wednesday everyone!  The end of my vacation is nearly upon me - it has been wonderful and relaxing.  Yesterday, I took the kids to the Valley and we went Blueberry picking.  Last night, Mike and I made 20 jars of jam - which is about a third of the jars I will be making before I go back to work, but more about that in another post.

Today I am sharing a cute little card I made a week or so ago.  Andrew had a birthday party to go to and he asked me to make a Super Mario card.  What?  There isn't a cartridge that has Super Mario - it was one of the few moments I wished I had SVG cutting ability.  Then, I put my thinking cap on, and thought, I can do this...  I can create something.  Here is what I came up with:


It turned out pretty cute, didn't it?  I couldn't figure out a way to create Mario or Luigi, but those little mushrooms, I can do that!  I grabbed my Gypsy girl, and using George and Basic Shapes, I welded a few shapes together and VOILA a Mario mushroom.  The "M" - which is meant to be the Mario symbol, is from the Mickey font.  I did a little bit of shadowing on the mushroom with some Tim Holtz Tea Dye distress ink. The paper is mostly from Recollections, and I did some doodling with my Sakura Jelly Roll pens, and used my TPC Studio Greeting set for the "Happy Birthday" sentiment.  It's a great basic sentiment set.


Andrew was so excited when he got home, and saw I had made a Mario card, and I think it was a hit with his friends too.  Last weekend he had a play date with one of the other boys who was at the party.  That little boy has a birthday party coming up on August 31st and he asked me to make him the same card :)

A challenge or two for my cute card:
Sassy Cheryl's - happy birthday
Craft Your Passion - use 3 of something (mushrooms) 
Created With Love - 3 of a kind (mushrooms)
Creative Mondays - for a kid
Fashionista Challenge - card for a child
Paper Pretties - cards for kids
Make it Monday - anything goes
Send a Smile 4 Kids - anything goes for a child
Eureka Stamps - anything goes
Simon Says Stamp and Show - anything goes

I'll be back tomorrow, assuming I get some crafting time today :)  See you then!

A la prochaine...

No comments:

Post a Comment